Michael Bright, Director
- Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Director, Johnston Prichard Fee Limited, 2011 - present
- Senior Associate, Harmos Horton Lusk Limited, 2006 - 2010
- Solicitor, Ogier & Le Masurier, Jersey, Channel Islands, 2002 - 2005
- Senior Associate, Simpson Grierson, 1997 - 2002
Michael specialises in mergers and acquisitions, securities law, joint ventures, corporate governance, corporate reconstructions, foreign investment in New Zealand and other general corporate advisory and compliance matters.
Michael has acted for a wide variety of clients both in New Zealand and overseas including public companies, multinational groups of companies, private companies and banks.
Michael is the author of the New Zealand chapter of Getting the Deal Through - Foreign Investment Review 2013.
In recent years Michael has been involved in a number of complex and challenging transactions including:
- Joint venture between Generator and Precinct Properties.
- Restructuring of the Ross Roof Group of companies around the world.
- Alert Taxis' supplier arrangements with Air New Zealand.
- Capital raising for Generator business.
- Capital raising for Wing Acoustics including cornerstone shareholding.
- Sale of Clover Export's meat processing assets to Blue Sky Meats.
- Merial's acquisition of certain assets and shares of the Ancare group of companies in New Zealand and offshore.
- Vital Healthcare Management Limited's pro-rata renounceable rights issue to raise $150 million for the NZSX listed Vital Healthcare Property Trust and the acquisition of a portfolio of Australian hospital and healthcare properties by the trust.
- The acquisition by ISS, a global facility services provider, of the security business of Chubb New Zealand Limited through its New Zealand subsidiary, First Security.
- The sale of Trilogy Natural Products Limited by the private owners to Ecoya Limited.
- ASX listed S8's takeover of NZSX/ASX listed Gullivers Travel Group Limited.